Opportunities are still growing in India
- 21 new nuclear reactors with a combined generating capacity of 15,700 MWe will be put into operation by 2031
- Currently, there are 9 nuclear reactors at various stages of construction in the states of Gujarat, Rajasthan, Haryana and Tamil Nadu
- The government has granted 5 locations "in principle" approval to establish a further 28 reactors. (Jaitapur in Maharashtra,
- Kovvada in Andhra Pradesh, Chhaya Mithi Virdi in Gujarat, Haripur in West Bengal and Bhimpur in Madhya Pradesh.)
- Six VVER-1200 type reactors powered by advanced fuel have been planned with Russia in October 2018.
Source: Reuters, World Nuclear News